Its been long since I made any sweet and today I wanted to try this simple recipe which does not need loads of ghee and sugar. Tomorrow my better half is returning from a business trip and thought of making this for him. So today I tried it out and the result was pretty good!!
Besan/Senagapindi/Gram flour - 1 cup
Milk - 3 cups
Sugar - 8 tsp (adjust according to taste)
Ghee/Oil/Clarified butter - 2tbsp
Cardamom pods - 2, finely powdered
Almonds - 5-6, sliced finely
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat a non stick pan and add ghee/oil. Add the gram flour/senagapindi/besan to the pan and keep stirring continuously for 6-7 minutes on medium to high heat.
2. Once the flour turns golden brown and starts emanating a pleasant smell, add the milk and sugar. Stir continuously ensuring that no lumps are formed.
3. Once the mixture starts thickening, add cardamom/elaichi powder.
4. After the mixture reaches a halwa consistency, turn off the heat and garnish with sliced almonds.
5. Enjoy the besan halwa, while it is still warm.