Chips and Salsa is one of the things that my better half loves. Whenever we are in a Mexican restaurant, once he starts munching the chips with different salsas, there is no stopping until we leave the restaurant. Such is the craze for chips and salsa and he likes tasting all the salsas the restaurant has to offer. At times we even end up paying for the extra salsa my better half keeps on asking for. Using the tomatillo also known as tomato verde, a tangy salsa can be easily prepared at home.
Green Tomatillo - 3 medium sized, washed and cut into halves
Green Chillies - 4-5, (adjust according to the spice levels)
Garlic - 3 small cloves
Coriander Leaves - 4-5 sprigs
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1/4 of a small onion
Salt - As per taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp(for garnish)
Method of Preparation:
1. Add all the ingredients except the salt and chopped coriander leaves to a small vessel with a lid.
2. Add a cup of water to it and let the ingredients cook for 30 -40 minutes with the lid on the vessel.
3. Let the boiled mixture cool down before you grind into a smooth paste.
4. Add the salt and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
5. Enjoy the salsa verde or home made green salsa with corn chips of your choice.