With the constant raise in temperatures, I was thinking of a cold refreshing drink without loads of calories. I decided to go with a refreshing ice tea. Since, peaches are in season and widely available, I tried a peach ice tea. The result was pretty amazing drink, which required very few ingredients.
Fresh/frozen peaches - 2 medium sized.
Tea bags - 2
Water - 3 glasses
Honey/Sugar - 1 tbsp (optional)
Method of Preparation:
1. Add the tea bags to 3 glasses of lukewarm water and let it sit for 30 minutes.
2. If working with fresh peaches, remove the skin and roughly chop into quarters. If using frozen peaches, thaw them and use. Keep aside few slices of peaches and add the rest of chopped peaches to a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
3. Remove the tea bags after 30 minutes and discard them.
4. Add the peach puree to the tea and strain the whole mixture. Place the strained tea in the refrigerator and chill it for a couple of hours.
5. Add sugar/honey if required and pour the peach tea into tall glasses filled with ice cubes.
6. Garnish with chopped pieces of peach and serve chilled.