Lemon Rice is usually made in almost all the South Indian households. However, not many prepare lemon rice in the way I prepare :). Hence, this post !!!! I was trying to post this recipe before the day ends.. but was late by few minutes... :( ... So, there will be two posts for Aug 29th... :)
Cooked Rice - 3 Cups
Ginger Paste - 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Paste - 3/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 4 tbsp
Onion - 1 medium sized, finely sliced
Salt - As Per Taste
Oil - 4 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 3/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal - 1 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Raw Peanuts - 3 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 5-6
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat Oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, once they start spluttering, add chana dal, raw peanuts, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves, turmeric powder and fry till peanuts turn golden brown.
2. Add the sliced onions and fry for a minute.
3. Add the ground ginger and green chilli paste to the mixture and fry till the raw smell disappears.
4. Spread the rice in a wide bowl and add lemon juice, the prepared mixture and salt. Mix well till all the rice gets coated with the turmeric mixture.
5. Adjust the salt and lemon juice and enjoy the tangy spicy lemon rice.