Flax seed is the modern day miracle food. The benefits of flax seeds include lowering LDL cholesterol(bad cholesterol), blood pressure and may also aid in keeping the platelets from becoming sticky thereby reducing the chances of a heart attack. Today's flax seed chutney recipe is a very simple and tasty way of consuming flax seeds. With subtle flavors of curry leaves and ginger, this recipe is sure to take you by surprise. This flax seed chutney works well with hot rice, idlis and dosas.
Flax Seeds - 4 tbsp
Curry Leaves - 12-15
Dry Red Chillies - 2-3
Roasted Chana Dal - 1 tbsp
Ginger - 1 inch piece, roughly chopped
Lime Juice - 1 tsp
Salt - As Per Taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Dry roast the flax seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies, one by one separately, till they become crisp.
2. Cool them before adding them to a grinder. Add the roasted chana dal and salt. Grind to a fine powder.
3. Add the chopped ginger, lime juice and half a cup of water. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Adjust the salt and more water if required.
5. If needed, you can also add tempering to it.
6. Serve the healthy, tasty and flavorful flax seed curry leaves chutney with rice, idlis or dosas.