My love affair with Dill is still going strong :) Here is a very simple and delicious dal that goes well with roti and rice.
Chana Dal/Sanaga pappu - 1 cup
Dill Leaves - a small bunch(washed and roughly chopped)
Tomato - 1 large sized, roughly chopped
Salt - As per Taste
Grind To Paste:
Green Chillies - 4-5(adjust according to spice levels)
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Shredded Coconut - 11/2 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup
For The Tempering:
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves - 5-6
Method of Preparation:
1. Rinse the chana dal and add it to a pressure cooker.
2. Add the chopped dill leaves, chopped tomatoes, ground paste and 2-3 cups of water.
3. Pressure cook till done. Add salt and mash the dal with a masher or the back of a spoon. Adjust the consistency of dal by adding water, if any required.
4. Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering add curry leaves to it. Fry for few seconds and add it to the cooked dal. Mix well.
5. Serve the spicy dill chana dal with hot rice or rotis.