Ingredients:(Makes 4 servings)
Semi sweet Chocolate - 7 tbsp
Strong brewed coffee - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp, softened
Egg yolks - 2
Egg whites - 4
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and butter and dust the ramekins with sugar and place them on a baking sheet
2. Add the chocolate and coffee to a heat proof bowl and place it over a pan of hot water. Mix often and allow the chocolate to melt. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the butter and let the mixture cool down. Stir in the egg yolks.
4. Add egg whites and salt to a bowl and using an electric mixer beat them until they hold light peaks. Add the sugar gradually and continue to beat till the egg whites form soft peaks.
5. Take a quarter of the egg whites mixture and stir it into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the rest of the egg whites mixture using a rubber spatula.
6. Pour the batter into the buttered and sugared ramekins. Fill them to the top. Bake for around 12 to 15 minutes or until the souffles are well risen and baked through, except for the center which should remain soft and liquid.(You can use a spoon to lift the top off on one side and check, the top will fall right back into place)
7. Serve the hot no flour chocolate souffles immediately.