I usually make beetroot stir fry or curry, few days back, I came up with my own version of the beetroot chutney and the chutney came out wonderfully delicious.
Beetroot - 1/2 cup, chopped
Green Chillies - 3, chopped
Roasted Peanuts - 2 tbsp
Lime juice - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt - As per taste
For the Tempering:
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal/Bengal Gram - 1/4 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped beetroot, green chillies and a little salt.
2. Fry for 5 minutes and let them cool down.
3. Add the fried beetroot, green chillies, roasted peanuts, lime juice, salt, coriander leaves to a blender along with a little water and grind to a fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal. Once the seeds start spluttering, switch off the heat and add it to the ground beetroot chutney.
5. Adjust the salt and serve the beetroot chutney with steamed rice, roti, idli or dosas.