All Purpose Flour/Maida - 2 cups
Eggs - 2(room temeperature)
Butter - 1/2 cup(room temperature)
Granulated Sugar - 11/4 cup
Baking Powder - 2tsps
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Pineapple Essence - 2 tsp
Skimmed Milk - 1/2 cup
Dry Fruits - 1/2 cup(almonds, walnuts, raisins - roughly chopped)
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Sieve the dry ingredients(all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder) thrice.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the softened butter and sugar and mix till it becomes creamy.
3. Add an egg at a time and mix well till the mixture becomes creamy. Add the pineapple essence to the mixture and mix well.
4. Divide the dry flour mixture into 3 parts and add one part along with some milk to the egg mixture and mix well. Repeat this step till you finish up the flour and milk.
5. Grease the cake pan with little butter and dust it with a little flour.
6. Fold in the dry fruits gently, do not over mix the batter.
7. Pour the cake batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Take out the cake and let it cook down before removing the cake from the cake pan.
9. Enjoy the yummy dry fruit cake.