Thanks to my aunt, Indu, I got this wonderful recipe. When she told me that it needed only 6 ingredients in total, I was thinking whether it would really taste good, but when I made it today, we finished the whole bowl of ginger brinjal aloo(allam vankaya). This recipe works very well with Indian Eggplant/brinjals.
Indian Eggplant/Brinjal - 4, medium sized, sliced length wise
Potato - 2, medium sized, diced
Ginger Green Chilli Paste - 1 tsp (I used a big chunk of ginger and 6 green chillies and ground them to paste)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. In a vessel, preferably non stick, heat oil and add the diced potatoes.
2. Mix well and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the chopped brinjal/eggplant, mix well and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Cover the vessel with a lid and cook till the vegetables are 3/4th done.
5. Add salt, ginger green chilli paste and mix well.
6. Cover the vessel with a lid and cook till the vegetables are completely cooked through. Stir in between. (Add a little water, if needed)
7. Serve the ginger brinjal aloo/allam vankaya with rotis or hot rice.
Sending this recipe to 'Anyone can cook - 2' being hosted by Ayeesha