In my quest for healthy snacks, this is the first step. Oatmeal replaces the low fiber refined flour and brown sugar is used as sweetener. The addition of whole wheat flour and low fat milk makes this a healthy yet tasty snack.
Whole wheat flour - 1/4 cup
Old fashioned rolled oats - 3/4 cup
Low fat milk - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
Oil - 1 tbsp
Sliced Almonds - 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
1. In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, oats, sugar and mix well.
2. Add little milk at a time and gently mix the ingredients into a dough.
3. Add the oil and gently knead it into the dough.
4. Preheat the oven to 360F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
5. Make lemon sized balls of the dough, press them flat, place few sliced almonds on each cookie and press slightly and place them on the baking tray.
6. Bake the cookies in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
7. Place the cookies on a cooling rack and after they cool down, store in air tight container.
8. Enjoy the healthy oatmeal cookies, whenever you crave something sweet.