Turnips greens - 3 cups, washed, drained, sliced
Onion - 1 medium sized, roughly chopped
Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garlic - 1 clove, minced
Roasted Peanut Powder - 3 tbsp
Olive Oil - 11/2 tbsp
Lime Juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and toss well or use a spatula/hand to mix well.
3. Take a rectangular piece of aluminium foil, spread a little olive oil in the center of the foil.
4. Place the greens mixture in the center of the foil and fold the foil over, seal the edges of the foil, by folding them over. You should finally have a sealed packet, through which no steam can escape. You can even refer to my previous post - cooking using a foil to see how to make a packet using aluminium foil
5. Place this packet on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let the packet rest in the oven for 5 minutes after turning off the oven. If you prefer crunchy greens, then bake for around 12-14 minutes and do not give any rest time.
6. Be careful while opening the hot packet, hot steam might burn your fingers.
7. Enjoy the baked turnip greens as a side with baked fish/meat or with steamed rice and rotis.
Linking this recipe to