I found this fabulous recipe in the book 'Starbucks Passions For Coffee'. The recipe was quite simple and easy to make. I did not have white chocolate at home, so, I just used 2 types of chocolates. The pudding came out a tad thicker than what we had expected. We really were not bothered about the consistency though, we enjoyed the chocolate pudding.
Egg yolks - 4, extra large
Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup
All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup
Cornstarch - 3 tbsp
Milk - 2 1/2 cups
Semi Sweet Chocolate - 5 oz (11tbsp), finely chopped
Unsweetened Chocolate - 2 oz(4 tbsp), finely chopped
White Chocolate - 4 oz(8 tbsp), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Whipped Cream - For Garnish(Optional)
Method of Preparation:
1. Add the egg yolks, sugar, flour and cornstarch to a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and mix all the ingredients to a smooth paste.
2. Add the remaining milk to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and let it start boiling.
3. Remove the milk from heat and stir into the egg mixture. Pour the milk-egg mixture back into the saucepan and place over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it begins to boil and thicken.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Ensure that the bottom is not burned.
5. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the semi sweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until the chocolate melt and the mixture becomes smooth.
6. Let this cool for 5 minutes, then gently fold in the white chocolate pieces, just to incorporate.
7. Spoon the pudding into individual glasses and cool at room temperature, then refrigerate until serving time.
8. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy the easy chocolate pudding.
Linking this to